Connecticut Concealed Carry Permit
  • connecticut concealed carry crossing State lines is an important issue here in the Granite State.What do you do on surveillance when the subject crosses the border? Tough call. They assured me, in their letter, each case would be reviewed independently by the Board. The board feels it would be best "for an investigator to comply with our licensing requirements in anticipation of any such occurrence."Vermont states that you must obtain a Transitory Permit (Temp. license) before entering the state. I did this once. The client needed the information ASAP and wanted me to get it. It took 30 days to get the permit. I am not complaining by the way. I have several friends in Vermont who it on the Regulatory Board. I think they have the best system in the country. I used it as a model when drafting our legislative proposal to overhaul the system in NH.Kentucky did not answer the question. They did supply me with a copy of their licensing law but it did not address the issue directly.Connecticut also would not answer the question, stating they cannot give legal advice and referred me to read their laws...which do not address the issue. If you need to go into Ct. don't bother to call, I guess.INDIVIDUAL EXPERIENCESA NH licensed investigator ended up in Vermont on a W/C case, having followed the claimant from Claremont, NH unexpectedly. He taped the claimant engaged in very strenuous activity in Vermont. The case ended up in Court, and the question of his legality was questioned by the claimant's legal counsel. The judge ruled it WAS legal because of the circumstances. The investigator was: hired in image NH, by a NH attorney, to watch someone whose legal address was in NH. There was no way for the investigator to know the claimant had purchased land in VT, and was excavating to start building a house. The PI was not "doing business" in Vermont.Closer to home is the experience of my colleague Jim Collins from Massachusetts. I have known him for many years and he is a "by the book" kind of guy yet he ran afoul of licensing authorities and he prevailed.It was a mess dealing with the authorities in Florida mostly ex-cops at the licensing division in Florida, Jim told me.The most informed and reasonable person he met was a female attorney general who agreed with his arguments and she killed both cases, dismissed them eventually.In one case a subject was followed from Massachusetts to Florida. Jim later testified in Probate Court during her divorce. The wife had started an affair with a younger man from another State, and they met in Florida. Her attorney made a big deal, in Court, of Jim not having a Florida license.Jim did not know for certain, when he started, where she was going to end up and thought (from client supplied information) she might be going to Virginia, where her suspected paramour lived.Her attorney "reported" him to Florida Dept. of State and gave them his investigative report which made its way into the record in Massachusetts.The Massachusetts Judge reviewed the Florida statute and agreed that Jim was not in violation of Florida law at all, as he was not "operating" a business in Florida.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!